When you’re looking at a drain that is draining the water much more slowly than it should, that is not the time for you to immediately rush to the phone and summon emergency help to clear the line. It’s inconvenient, but if it’s just a minor clog, you can sometimes free it yourself with a snake or a clog remover.
However, if the water pools in the sink and does not drain at all, then that’s when you need Fox Valley plumbing services from professionals like ours at J.L. Wagner Plumbing & Piping.
Here are a few other indications that you need to call a plumber to handle a clogged drain:
- Water Fills the Tub as You Shower
- Rotting Food Smells Emanate from your Garbage Disposal or Kitchen Sink
- There are Leaks around Your Toilet
- Your Toilet often Clogs or Overflows, or the Water is High in the Bowl
- You Hear Gurgling from Drains when the Washer or Dishwasher is Running
- There are Bubbles in the Toilet Bowl Water When You Turn on the Sink Faucet
If you are dealing with any of these issues, call a plumber. In that way, you will eliminate the clog and prevent any associated health risks from wastewater, which may back up into your kitchen or bathroom. Clogs can also be an indication of a larger problem, like tree roots growing through a sewer line, which needs to be dealt with right away.