Batavia IL Drain Cleaning Services
One of the most common plumbing issues in homes is clogged drains. They are quite a nuisance since they occur time and again, yet often bring the entire plumbing system to a standstill. Furthermore, they are unsightly and unsanitary.
As such, many people opt for bathroom and kitchen DIY drain unclogging. Sometimes it works, but when severe blockages exist, the best bet is a licensed plumber who can clear clogged drains with their specialized equipment. Here is a complete guide on what drain cleaning is all about:
How to Tell If Your Home’s Drains Need to Be Cleaned
First things first, you’re probably looking for drain cleaning services because something is wrong. Well, here are the top signs that your drains need to be cleaned. Normally, even before the drain is completely clogged, you’ll notice one or more of the following warning signs:
- Sinks that take a long time to drain. There could be a blockage in your pipes if you notice that water takes forever to drain or that your plumbing gurgles as it drains.
- Overflowing toilets regularly. Toilets that clog or overflow frequently may have issues with their drains or sewer lines altogether. To remedy the problems, it’s best to hire a skilled plumber.
- Foul odors. If your kitchen drains have a foul odor, something is likely clogging them, most likely grease or food particles.
- Water backups. Have you ever seen water drain down only for it to come back up again? You have a clog in your pipes or sewage line if water fills up your sink or tub from the drain. This could be a serious sanitation issue and health risk so address it immediately.
Here are the 2 primary services involved in drain cleaning.
Stage 1: Clog Assessment
As it sounds, this basically involves visiting the site and assessing your drains. Organic waste like food particles, dirt, soap scum, skin cells, hair, and other particles typically build up inside your drain lines, causing clogs. Sometimes, clogs are from minerals like calcium which build up and harden on pipes, making it easier for them to clog.
Whichever the case, if you try plunging to break up the clogs and it does not work, give us a call. Professional drain cleaning services can manage even large hardened clogs which may not disintegrate using a plunger. As such, clog assessment involves evaluation of the drain’s condition in conjunction with your issues.
This way, professional plumbers can determine the cause and location of the blockages. From here, they can recommend the best drain cleaning technique. Note that sometimes, a video check of the drain may be needed. This is done using a tiny camera mounted on a flexible cable.
Stage 2: Clog Removal
There are two methods of clog removal which will be discussed later in detail. The first is snaking, which is used to remove persistent clogs that don’t respond to plunging. It involves inserting a long, thin cable into the drain and using a pointed attachment at the end to hook or break up the blockage.
Clogs that are more difficult to handle, particularly those that are caused by hard water or debris build-up, are treated using a more intricate method known as hydro-jetting. Plumbers could also recommend enzymatic drain cleaners which break down organic material, preventing any future build-up. Lastly, if there are any damages to the pipes, say tree roots infiltrating the sewer line, they will address that and repair the pipes’ integrity.
Drain Cleaning Methods: Cabling and Hydro-Jetting.
As mention before, there are 2 major drain cleaning methods, apart from regular plunging. These will be explained next:
It is also called snaking and involves inserting a long, thin, flexible auger into a drain pipe. This pipe can either be electric or manual. It normally has a metal coil that you twist downward until it dislodges or hooks onto a blockage and pulls it out. It is the standard drain cleaning tool to get rid of clogs
Drain snakes can be found at local hardware stores. Nevertheless, without any knowledge of how to go about it, it’s better to leave the job to professionals. A drain snake could easily damage your pipes, which means that you incur a loss.
Hydro jetting employs the use of a specialized hose to push high-pressure water through your home’s plumbing system. It is used to clean out serious clogs. As such, the process starts with the aforementioned tiny camera. It is inserted into the drainpipe to evaluate the damage and waste causing it.
Following this, the hydro jetting operation begins, where a hose is inserted into your drain by a plumber. A pressurized water tank is then connected to the hose, removing the dirt through this high-powered cleaning process. This process is as effective as they come, thanks to the multiple powerful water jets that blast out of the hose’s nozzle at the same time.
They normally wash away all dirt be it hair, food, scale from hard water, tree roots, oil, name it! In fact, this system is said to leave your pipe as good as new. Even with years of accumulated tenacious build-up, hydro jetting can transform your pipes and flush away all built-up waste. If you’d like long-term drain cleaning effects, this is the way to go.
What Happens During a Service Call For Drain Cleaning?
After calling for our drain cleaning services, here is what to expect:
- Site Assessment and Evaluation: We’ll ask several questions to learn more about the history of your property and plumbing system, such as whether you’ve ever had drain or plumbing problems and, if so, what they were. We will also inform you of the entire process so that you are completely aware of the diagnostic procedure, drain cleaning service, and camera inspection.
- Diagnostics to Establish the problem and come up with a service strategy: We’ll then evaluate the location of any backups and test your plumbing fixtures. This stage assists us in determining which equipment is most appropriate for the task at hand. We’ll also discuss the same with you, and how much the work will cost.
- Cleaning: With the necessary protective gear and equipment, we’ll then start the drain cleaning machine. Our machines will empty the sewer line of any remaining sewage. If, on the other hand, we suspect the blockage is outside or the line cannot be cleaned, we’ll recommend a camera examination right once to assess the severity of the problem.
- Testing: Once the sewage has been drained from the sewer line, we will test the flow of numerous fixtures at the same time. We will also check to see if there are any damaged or broken sewage lines, in which case our plumber can repair or replace them.
Book a Drain Cleaning Appointment Now!
Drains and sewer lines that are clean and efficient are essential for a healthy, pleasant, and efficient home. If you require drain cleaning services, our trained plumbers provide quick service and convenient appointments so you can get the aid you need without interrupting your routine. Give us a call today for the best rates in town!